The siwak wood grows around Mecca and Middle East. The siwak-shaped stems, roots and twigs taken from fresh plant "Salvadora Persica" with a diameter ranging from 0.1 cm to 5 cm. Tree "Salvadora Persica" is a small tree, like a shrub with branching stems, more than 1 foot in diameter, if the skin is exfoliated slightly whitish color and has many strands of fiber. Roots are brown and the inside is white, smells like celery and a little bit spicy. Siwak wood has an advantage because it proved to contain natural minerals that can kill bacteria, remove plaque, prevent cavities and gum care.
The siwak was known to have a beneficial chemical content such as Chloride, Pottasium, Sodium Bicarbonate, Fluoride, Silica, Sulfur, Vitamin C, trimethyl amine, Salvadorine, tannins, and some other mineral that works to clean teeth, and whiten teeth and gums healthy. The siwak also contains natural fragrance oils that taste and smell fresh. Substance is what makes siwak can eliminate the odor in the mouth. As a natural toothpaste, Siwak also able to prevent the formation of tartar. Anti-decay substance contained in siwak believed to reduce the number of bacteria in the mouth and prevent decay. Another of Siwak is its ability to contribute to stimulate saliva production (saliva) more. Moreover, organic mouth saliva is to protect and clean the mouth.
The siwak has useful chemical content, such as:
- Antibacterial acids, such as astringents, abrasives and Detergents are used to kill bacteria, prevent infection and stop the bleeding of the gums. On the use of Siwak first, may seem a little spicy and burning, because there is a similar content of mustard in it which is the substance of the acids are antibacterial.
- Chemical constituents such as chloride, Pottasium, Sodium Bicarbonate, Fluoride, Silica, Sulfur, Vitamin C, trimethyl amine, Salvadorine, tannins and several other mineral that works to clean teeth, and whiten teeth and gums healthy. These materials are often extracted as the building blocks of toothpaste.
- Natural aroma oils that taste and smell the fresh, fragrant and makes the mouth to eliminate odor.
- Enzyme that prevents the formation of plaque that causes gingivitis. Plaque is also a major cause of tooth loss is premature.
- Anti decay agent (anti-decay substance), which decreases the amount of bacteria in the mouth and prevent decay. In addition siwak also stimulate saliva production (saliva) more, which is an organic mouth saliva that protect and clean the mouth.